Insurance Premiums and Coverage 2021-2022
|Secretary Treasurer||$33.84 (monthly)|
- The Minister of Finance is responsible for 50 per cent of the premium required to provide each teacher the coverage as set out in the provincial collective bargaining agreement.
- Superannuated teachers, secretaries, treasurers, secretary- treasurers and superintendents of administration are responsible for 100 per cent of the premiums required.
- Teacher and secretary premiums are deducted by the employer monthly commencing in September (or the month employment commences) and ending in June.
- Individuals receiving pension benefits, Disability and/or Income Continuance will have 12 equal monthly premiums deducted from their allowance.
- For those teachers or eligible persons who terminate employment or who commence a leave of absence prior to June 30, the required premiums for the balance of the insurance year must be deducted to ensure coverage until August 31.
- Should a death occur during the year, the employer shall deduct the premium for the month of death.