The Commission consists of seven members: three members nominated by the Executive of the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation, three members nominated by the Minister of Education and a chairperson nominated by the other six members and appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council. The main purposes of the Superannuation Commission are to:
- Administer The Teachers Superannuation and Disability Benefits Act and Regulations;
- Process disability claims;
- Monitor investments of superannuation funds;
- Administer The Teachers’ Life Insurance (Government Contributory) Act, and;
- Administer The Teachers’ Dental Plan Act.