Marriage Breakdown

A portion of a teacher’s pension may be paid to a former spouse in the form of a transfer to a locked-in RRSP. The amount which is transferred is determined in accordance with the provisions of The Family Property Act.

Teachers wishing to have a commuted value of their pension benefit calculated because of marital breakdown should provide the following information in writing to the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Superannuation Commission: teacher’s full name, social insurance number, teacher’s certificate number, date of marriage, date of separation or settlement, ex-spouse’s date of birth.